The owner of Kusum Villas and Prem Bhavan Palaces Complex are direct descendent of PrithviRaj Chauhan, the last Hindu emperor of Delhi. On losing the Ranthambore fort after a gallant flight to Muslim invader in the 1300 A.D. the Khichi Chauhans traveled to Gujarat via Malwa and made pawagadh fort over Champaner town their Capital , from here they moved to mohan fort near River Narmada and finally settled at Chhota Udepur.
The Golden period of Chhota Udepur was late 19th and early 20th century, when His Highness Fatehsinhji introduced reforms and public infrastructure.
The Chhota Udepur Palace complex was commissioned by His Highness Natwar Sinhjiji and erected in early 20th Century. There are two palaces in the complex Kusum villas and Prem Bhavan Palace named after her highness KusumKuwar Ba Saheb first wife of his highness Natawar Singh Ji and his second wife Premlata Devi, later is now a Heritage Hotel. The 18 hectors of the palace complex are decorated with fountains, marble, status, lawns, natural forest, jogging track, water creek etc.
The highlight of the property is great biew of surrounding hills of Vindyachal Ranges. The architectural style of the palace is predominantly Indo-Saracenic while the interiors reflect a strong European influences.